The ATO has announced that it will conduct a data-matching program on credit and debit card transactions for the 2012/13 and 2013/14 years.
Data will be collected from the following financial institutions:
- American Express Australia Limited
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Bank of Queensland Limited
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited
- BWA Merchant Services Pty Ltd
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Diners Club Australia
- National Australia Bank Limited
- St George Bank
- Westpac Banking Corporation
Based on previous programs, it is estimated that over 8 million records will be acquired, relating to over 940,000 merchants.
These records are linked to approximately 90,000 individuals and 850,000 non-individuals.