- Between 1 and 14 October 2020 – complete the October JobKeeper monthly business declaration so you can be reimbursed for September fortnights.
- Between 1 and 31 October 2020 – check and submit the business actual decline in turnover to the ATO online to be eligible for JobKeeper extension
Key dates and actions for employers Jobkeeper 2.0
From 28 September 2020, the JobKeeper (2.0) scheme is extended. The first extension covers the JobKeeper fortnights between 28 September 2020 and 3 January 2021. To claim JobKeeper payments for this period, you will need to:
- show that your actual GST turnover has declined in the September 2020 quarter relative to a comparable period (generally the corresponding quarter in 2019). Generally you must have a 30% reduction in GST Income compared to the previous years September quarter.
- have satisfied the original decline in turnover test. However, if you
- were entitled to receive JobKeeper for fortnights before 28 September, you have already satisfied the original decline in turnover test
- are enrolling in JobKeeper for the first time from 28 September 2020, if you satisfy the actual decline in turnover test, you will also satisfy the original decline in turnover test (except for certain universities). You can enrol on that basis.
- pay your eligible employees at least the JobKeeper amount that applies to them each JobKeeper fortnight. For JobKeeper extension 1, this will be either $1,200 for tier 1 or $750 for tier 2.
- tell us whether the tier 1 (higher) or tier 2 (lower) payment rate applies to each eligible employee, eligible business participant or eligible religious practitioner. If you are already enrolled in JobKeeper and eligible for the extension, you do this in your business monthly declaration in November.
- You must also tell your eligible employees, eligible business participant or eligible religious practitioners which payment rate applies to them within 7 days of notifying us of their payment rate.
- 31 October 2020 – for the JobKeeper fortnights from 28 September 2020 and 12 October 2020 only, we are allowing employers until 31 October 2020 to meet the wage condition.
- Between 1 and 14 November – complete a monthly business declaration and tell us the payment tier being claimed for each eligible employee.