Support is available to your business is impacted by the ACT lockdowns.
If your business is impacted by the lockdowns across the ACT, support is available through grants, rebates and waivers.
The ACT COVID‑19 Business Support Grant provides up to $10,000 for employing businesses and up to $4,000 for non-employing businesses that have experienced a decline of 30% or more as a result of the COVID‑19 health restrictions.
The full eligibility details have not been released as yet but will include the need to:
- Have an active ABN; and
- Demonstrate that your business was operating in the ACT as at 1 April 2021; and
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000; and
- Be registered for GST before 1 April 2021; and
- Have total Australian payroll of less than $10 million; and
- Have experienced a decline in turnover of at least 30% or more in the week from Friday 13 August to Friday 20 August 2021 compared to the prior 7 day period.
Applications have not opened for this grant as yet. You can express your interest here.
Eligible ACT businesses can apply for credits on the cost of eligible fees and charges of up to $10,000 (inclusive of GST) per ABN against payroll tax, utilities, rates and a range of business licence fees and charges.
The scheme is available to small businesses with a turnover between $30,000 and $10 million per annum.
The full details of the scheme have not been released as yet. You can express your interest here.
A range of other rebates are currently available to ACT businesses including:
- Accommodation and Tourism Venue Operator support program – a full rebate on fixed water and sewerage charges for the first two quarters of 2021-22 up to $75,000 for operators who have experienced a decline in revenue of at least 30% in July 2021 compared to April 2021. Applications close 17 September 2021.
- Small Tourism Operator COVID Recovery Payment for operators who receive less than $15,000 under the Accommodation and Tourism Venue Operator Support Program. Applies to businesses with a turnover between $30,000 and $10m and seasonal businesses.
- Payroll tax exemption for apprentices or trainees – Wages paid to new employees who are apprentices or trainees employed after 1 August 2020 are exempt from payroll tax from the start of their employment until 30 June 2022.
A range of automatic fee waivers and reductions have been applied to food business registrations, outdoor dining permits, liquor licensing fees, hire cars and charter buses.
We’re available to assist you with the lockdown support for you and your business.
If you need any assistance with applying for the Grant or help with any of the above information, please contact our office on (02) 4445 9014. During the lockdown period (currently to 28th August 2021) our office will not be open to face to face meetings however, we are more than happy to book a phone or Zoom appointment for you.